- 3-2-1 Backup strategy
- Restore strategy is more important than backup strategy
- Testing backup plans would not be a bad idea. If we don't test backups, we don't have them. We must recheck backup/restore plans monthly, quarterly or yearly
- 3 means: having at least 3 total copies of data- local machine- external hard drive/removeable disk device- cloud storage
- 2 means: keep the backed-up data on 2 different storage types- local machine- cloud
- 1 means: having at least 1 copy offsiteEven if you have two copies on two separate storage types but both are stored onsite,a local disaster could wipe out both of them.Keep a third copy in an offsite location, like the cloud.